Text Structure What’s the Scoop Game, Blue Level
- Item #: LRN2021
- Condition: New
Text Structure What’s the Scoop Game
Ages 8 +
Reading Levels 3.5 - 5.0
Players 2 - 6
Extra! Extra! Read all about it - learning about text structure has never been so much fun!
Players decide whether news stories have cause and effect, problem/solution, compare/contrast, sequence or descriptive text structure.
- Compact size saves space in the classroom
- High-interest graphics and content
- Short passages allow time for full comprehension and the chance to read a variety of topics
- Winning is based on knowledge and skills, not random factors
- Games address important content, not trivia
- Directions are easy to understand, so as not to restrict learning opportunities
- Players never lose points for wrong answers
Stop the presses! Before this busting newsroom can print its next edition, players must identify the text structure of each sotry: Sequence, Descriptive, Compare/contrast, Cause/Effect, or Problem/Solution. The first player to meet the deadline and reach the finish wins!
Reading Skills: Identifying Text Structure