POP for Blends Game
- Item #: LER8471
- Condition: New
POP for Blends™ Game
Ages 6 +
Grades 1 +
Players 2 - 4
Fun theme engages even reluctant readers!
Grab a popcorn piece and build a word with that beginning blend or digraph. Pull out a POP kernel, and all your pieces go back!
Players get plenty of practice with the most common beginning blends.
Includes 92 blend and digraph cards, 8 POP cards, spinner and guide (printed on box) Popcorn box measures 3”L x 3”W x 6.25”H
How to Play:
* Place the popcorn box in the middle of the table
* Take a popcorn card out of the box
* Spin the spinner to see how many words you need to say. For example: If you took out bl- and spun 3, you could say l\blender, black, and blue.
* If you said a correct word or words for the blend or digraph, keep the card. If not, place the card in a separate pile of "un-popped" cards.
* If you draw a "POP!" card, return all your cards to the box and remove the "POP!" card from play.
* Take turns playing until the popcorn box is empty.
* The player who has the most popcorn cards at the end of the game wins.
* Go back to the "un-popped" pile and see if any player can think of words for the blends or digraphs
Alternate Way to Play:
* Use the spinner to see how many cards to pick and say one word for each card.