Author’s Purpose Animal Adventures Game, Blue Level
- Item #: LRN2011
- Condition: New
Author’s Purpose Game Animal Adventures Game
Ages 8 +
Reading Level 3.5 - 5 th Grade
Players 2 - 6
As they visit their animal friends, players read story cards and decide whether the author’s purpose was to persuade, inform or entertain.
- Compact size saves space in the classroom
- High-interest graphics and content
- Short passages allow time for full comprehension and the chance to read a variety of topics
- Winning is based on knowledge and skills, not random factors
- Games address important content, not trivia
- Directions are easy to understand, so as not to restrict learning opportunities
- Players never lose points for wrong answers
As players follow their animal friends on a path through the wilderness, they experience persuasive, informative, and entertaining writing. The first player to correctly track down the author's purpose and make his or her way to the end of the trail wins!
Reading Skills: Identifying the Author's Purpose
Experience the adventure of author's purpose! Players read about animal antics and decide if the author is trying to persuade, inform, or entertain them.
Easy directions allow for more learning time!
As players track paw prints around the board, they visit an array of interesting animal friends: a gorilla persuading them to save the rain forest, an octopus using a recipe to whip up a tasty pie, and an entertaining bear telling his fishing story. When players land on Story Card spaces, they must put their knowledge of persuasive, informative, and entertaining writing to the test to move them closer to the end of the trail. The first player to reach the Finish space and correctly answer a Story Card wins the game!
Author's Purpose Animal Adventures Game Board, 96 Cards, 6 Pawns, Die, Answer Key, and Directions